Self-love stems from our thoughts around love. It has nothing to do with our circumstances. We often think we need other people to do or say things in order for us to feel loved, which is difficult because we can’t control what someone else says or does. When it comes down to it other people can’t make us feel unloved or loved, it is all grounded in the thoughts that we think about what others have said/not said or behaved around us. You yourself is responsible for creating the result of feeling loved by choosing to feel love or yourself. That being said we are all searching for love. This amazing, magical, whimsical, blissful feeling that radiates around us. The vibration that flows through your body in a magnitude of ways but always leaves you with a warm rush, joyful, happy feeling.
This Valentine’s Day, instead of searching for a love outside yourself start your day by finding thoughts that create the feeling of love within yourself. Love from the inside out. Truly sit down and identify what thoughts are you thinking that is serving you in the self love department? If you don’t have any, that’s ok, let’s start today. Sit down and journal for 10 minutes today writing down all your thoughts on love. Identify those thoughts that are not serving you, that make you feel unloved and those that fill you up with love. Begin your day by repeating and writing down the thoughts that make you feel like the most lovable person around.
Some thoughts that make me feel loved are:
“The universe that created earth also created me.”
“Love is overflowing in my life and is unbelievably abundant, I’ll never run out of my love.”
“Love flows freely to and away from me.”
“I love my soulmate and love to express my love through kind caring words and gifts.”
Now in combination to the thought work above, here are some of my other self love rituals that will help you love all over yourself this Valentine’s Day Season:
Affirmations & Gratitude Lists
- All of us have the universe living inside of us. Each person houses a piece of the universe. The universe made each and every one of us so it is in our blood and bones, it flows through our body and lights us up like a cool sparkling liquid that rushes through us at different speeds throughout the day. When you meditate you begin to channel that light you begin to align to your inner self and become more intune with what I call your inner alien (aka inner self/intuition).
During my meditation I love to use crystals such as the Kyanite stone found in the Rainstorm box from Little Box of Rocks to help instantly align the body’s chakras and aids in releasing all emotional blockages.
Relax & Pamper
- Get the self love and grateful feelings flourishing with loving affirmations and lists that remind you of all the wonderful and beautiful things in your life. All the while holding your Citrine crystal that’s infused with positive energy while repeating your self love affirmations in the morning. Try to wake up 5 minutes early in the morning so that you have a moment to write down 3 to 5 things you’re grateful for and identify a self love affirmation you’re going to repeat to yourself throughout the day anytime you start to feel down.
- Here are some of my favorite self love affirmations:
- My inner world creates my outer world.
- I radiate love, peace and happiness.
- I am strong, beautiful and flexible.
- My body is beautiful AF and my booty is da bomb dot com.
- I am a work of art.
- I provide so much value in the world.
- My experience in life is my own and no one shares the exact same experience as me.
Creative Play Time
- There is no better way to let stress wash away than by taking a hot relaxing bubble bath. Fill the tub with hot water, light some candles, throw in a some bubbles and Himalayan Salt to elevate your mood and dispel negativity. Let your muscles relax and watch as everything that you love stays with you and whatever doesn’t serve you disappears as the bathtub is drained.
Stand the Starfish Pose
- Take some time out of your day to play. Be a kid again and go out and just play. Whatever creative venture it is, just make time for it and don’t get too serious, have fun! Let it flow and don’t be worried about how it looks or what the end game is, just do something for fun. Let yourself love the little moments in life. Show yourself love by carving out the time to have fun and do something that you’ve been wanting to try out or spend more time on. Use the Clear Quartz to set your desired intention of love, creativity, and joy.
- So if you’re not familiar, the starfish pose is when you are standing and you have your arms up and wide and your legs are spread apart so that your body looks like a star. It’s an invigorating and inspiring pose to be in. Just standing in this pose will give you so much self love but you can take it to the next level by holding on to or sticking the Sodalite crystal in your pocket to help calm your mind and find emotional harmony and freedom from fear. My friend also loves to go for a hike and when she gets to her destination she’ll just stand in this pose and yell her affirmation. #sotherapuetic If you have the ability to go on a hike over the weekend, I highly recommend this!
There are so many self love rituals out there but ultimately you’ll need to identify what thoughts create the feeling of love for you? Get creative, not only around the thoughts that create love in your life but also around your self love rituals. What do you do for yourself that makes you feel full of love? Respect yourself, be kind to yourself, because ultimately you’re exactly where you are supposed to be. Everything is happening FOR you exactly at the right time. The universe has a plan for you and everything is going to work out exactly as it’s supposed to, so why not love yourself in the process? You’re only human and you’re doing the best you can. Happy Valentines Day my friends.
With love and positive vibes,